Sunday 10 December 2017

A Year in the hills 2017

With the countdown to Christmas under way and another year in the hills coming to an end, I thought it was time to review my walks and wildcamps during 2017. On the whole its not been a bad year and I've only had 1 month where I haven't been able to get out. I've spent around 20 nights out and visited an area I hadn't visited before. I'm grateful for the nights I've spent out in the wild, and wish I could do more.. but even then I would want to do more ... backpacking and wildcamping is a marvellous pursuit, and one that is highly addictive... After all, how much time spent outdoors is ever enough?

So he goes my run down of 2017 and camps I've enjoyed along the way.


January 2017.

My backpacking year started with a 2 day trip to Cnicht , camping near the summit.















March 2017.
A 2 day trip to the Carneddau. I forgot my water carriers on this trip so had to pitch by Lllyn Dulyn.








March 2017.
After missing out on a trip in February, I added an extra trip in march. 3 days around Ennerdale.
1st night near Looking Stead , 2nd night Red Pike (Ennerdale)







April 2017. 3 days around wastwater.
1st night Yewbarrow 2nd night Great How.













May 2017.
3 days around Thirlmere. 1st night Bleaberry Fell 2nd night Randerside.











June 2017.
3 days in the Rhinogs Snowdonia.1st night Y Llethr, 2nd night Y Garn.











JULY 2017.
2 days in the Far Eastern Fells.
July saw me meeting up with Peter Dixon and Lee Taylor.
camp near Satura Crag.










August 2017.
3 day trip from Hartsop
1st night Birkett Fell 2nd night below Birkhouse moor.


















September 2017.
2 days in NE Carneddau.
overnight camp near Y Aryg.










October 2017.
3 days in some new ground for me The Black Mountains on the Eastern Edge of the Brecon Beacons.
1st night near Chwarel y Fan 2nd night in the upper reaches of Grwyne Fawr.









November 2017.
A quick overnighter along the Aran Ridge Snowdonia.
camp near the summit of Aran Fawddwy.









November 2017.
3 days in the Langdale Fells.
1st night Cold Pike 2nd night Rossett Pike ( also with Peter Dixon )

















I'm planning another trip when I break up for my Christmas holidays , I'll add it here and do a separate blog.
Merry Christmas to you all, and wherever your path takes you, may your journey be a good one.

Till next time
Happy Wildcamping.
Daron :-))

Dec 2017
I managed 1 final trip to round off the year. 2 days in the Arenings , with a camp on Moel Llyfnant.























2 comments:

  1. Hi Daron,

    is that an Oookworks inner in the Duomid? How do you find the space? is there much contact at the foot end with your sleeping bag?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Finn,space is good I'm around 5ft 7 qnd there is room at foot and head end. haven't had any problems with sleeping bag making contact.

    ReplyDelete