Sunday 12 March 2017

Oookstar trailstar bath tub

 
 
A new addition to my wildcamping arsenal arrived this week , a bathtub shaped floor for the Trailstar.
 
I usually use a piece of Tyvek  under my Mountain Laurel designs Superlite bivy , but sometimes when camping on sodden ground or as I found out on my last camp - snow which melted during the night  a flat grounsheet is not ideal  hence the purchase of the bath tub floor  it is 70d pu .  
                
 I went with this over silnylon , for more durability and it is less slippery which will be important if I decide to use my bivy with it .
 
 
Below are a few pics showing it can be used in 3 different configuration's , the last is my preferred option .
 
Also shown is the Oooksworks doors , which makes a nice porch ground sheet as well .
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hope to get out and use it later this mth.
 
Till next time , happy wildcamping
 
Daron 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment