Tuesday 13 December 2016

wild camps 2016

Jan 2016

Due to work/ family commitments , I was unable to get out in January 2016

Feb 2016

This was my 1st trip for over 2 years in the akto , I wanted to see how it compared to the trailstar as I always enjoyed my camps using it .
1 night trip to Arenig Fawr.




Feb. 2016
2 night trip , 1st night Carnedd y Cribau. 2nd night ysgafell wen




 
 
 
 
April 2016
After a couple of trips using the akto I decided to sell it , really missed the room in the trailstar, so I bought another !
This was meant to be a 2 night trip , but weather put paid to 2nd night , 1st night was spent on Glasgwym.
 
 
 
 
 


May 2016
 
May saw me heading to the Lake District a 2 night trip to the northern lakes . 1st night carrock fell
2nd night blencathra.
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
July 2016
 
July saw me heading back to the lakes , for a 3 night trip round the kentemere & Haweswater fells .
1st night Gowk hill , 2nd night selside , 3rd night stoney cove pike .
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
July 2016
 
A quick over nighter to the berwyns , camped below moel sych.
 
 
 
August 2016
 
August 2016 , another trip to the lakes , and my 1st camping with others .  2 nights round the langdale's with peter Dixon @munro277 on twitter .
1st night Little stand , 2nd night codale head ( where we also camped with lee taylor @leerockwell15 )
 
 
 
 
 
 
Late August 2016 , I was in ballachulish for 1 wk , this gave me the chance for my 1st Scottish wildcamp , an overnighter from ballachulish - taking in Sgorr Dhearg & Sgurr Dohnuill. had planned on camping on the 2nd munro , but wind was far to strong , so dropped back to Beinn a' Bheithir.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 September 2016
A 1 night trip to Arenig Fawr , this time approaching from Llyn arenig Fawr. apologies for pic quality , was taken on my iPhone
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
October 2016
A 2 night trip along the glyderau , returning along the carneddau.
1st night glyder Fawr - with a fantastic view towards Snowdon.
2nd night Carnedd Llewelyn.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
November 2016
 
A planned 2 night trip to the lake district , cut short due to weather.
this was my 1st taste of winter 2016
camped below yoke , above rainsborrow tarn .
 
 
 
 
 
A week later I was back in Snowdonia , a 1 night trip to the Moelwynion .
camped on ysgafell wen
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As I said at the beginning , I'm hoping to get out for 1 more trip over the Christmas holidays - weather permitting.
 
Thanks for reading , merry Christmas & and a happy new year to you all .
 
Till next time , Happy Wildcamping
 
Daron.
 
I did manage to get out for 1 final trip
 
Dec 2016
 
2 day trip from beddgelert , taking in moel hebog , with a camp on moel ddu
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 











No comments:

Post a Comment